10 Interesting Travel Facts that will take you into the airport right away.
1. One-third of the world's airports are in the U.S.
2. Citizens of Austria get the most vacation time. They are promised 22 paid vacation days and 13 paid holidays.
3. Less than 1% of the world's population has ever ventured to Antarctica.
4. Traveling and experiencing new cultures can make you smarter.
5. The shortest flight for sale lasts two minutes. The flight arrives at the Scottish Isle of Westray and lands in Papa Westray. The flight spans a little less than 2 miles.
6. Studies show that money spent on travel makes you happier than money spent on material goods.
7. Taking a vacation can lower your risk for heart disease.
8. In 1930, female flight attendants had to weigh less than 115 pounds (52kg).
9. Travel has been shown to help aid those suffering from depression.
10. In 1987, American Airlines eliminated one olive from each salad in first class. This saved them $40 000 a year.